What a whirlwind! By Claire Musters

The lovely (and award-winning) Catherine Campbell patiently waiting in the queue!

I spent 24 hours at CRT, unfortunately missing the evening with the posh frocks and awards. As it was my first time, and it included a lot of other firsts for me, I wanted to reflect on my time there, as it was so worth going (even if I missed the fun of eating and celebrating with the award winners).

My eighth book is publishing in November, but this was the first time that I had been asked by a publisher to attend CRT in order to do an official launch to the trade there. Which leads me on to my next first: a book signing. I’ve only ever signed the odd book when my titles have been part of a larger display. It felt a bit daunting, but also rather exciting, to have a space saved for my book and my photo and details in the programme.

Speaking to Jane Clamp, another ACWer :)
I have to say, as a rather shy introvert, I was quite nervous about attending CRT at all. I wondered how much I would need to be ‘on show’, who I would sit next to at meal times, how often I would be left on my own etc. I even put a plea out to fellow ACW members to look out for me and talk to me if they saw me looking forlorn!

I needn’t have been worried though. My publishers (Authentic) looked after me incredibly well (so well, in fact, that even when I was on the receiving end of wonderful beaming faces and waves from a table full of ACWers I wasn’t able to go and chat to them!)

That leads me on to the main point I wanted to make here. ACW is such a brilliant, supportive group. It was great to meet and speak to so many of you while at ACW (albeit briefly!), and to have you pop up in my signing line (such an encouragement to see familiar faces).


Everyone from ACW was congratulating one another, and seeing how they could practically support each other’s work too (thanks Wendy in particular!). I came away even more glad that I am a part of this organisation – and I am definitely coming to the writers’ day in October, where I hope to speak to members for a little longer!

PS Yes, I know some of you had stack envy - I can teach you how to display your books in the same way Authentic set mine up ;)

PPS If any of you would like to be a part of my online launch group and aren't already, please do take a look - I'd love to have you there! https://www.facebook.com/groups/730066273860021/


Claire is a freelance writer, speaker and editor, mum to two gorgeous young children, pastor’s wife, worship leader and school governor. Claire’s desire is to help others draw closer to God through her writing, which focuses on authenticity, marriage, parenting, worship, discipleship, issues facing women today etc. Her books include Taking your Spiritual Pulse, CWR’s Insight Into Managing Conflict, Insight Into Self-acceptance, Cover to Cover: David A man after God’s own heart, Insight Into Burnout and BRF Foundations21 study guides on Prayer and Jesus. She also writes Bible study notes. She has two books being published in November: Taking off the mask: daring to be the person God created you to be, with Authentic Media, and Cover to Cover: 1–3 John Walking in the truth, with CWR. To find out more about her, please visit www.clairemusters.com and @CMusters on Twitter.

Comments

  1. It is a whirlwind, Claire, but so much fun. It was lovely to see you there, and I'm looking forward to reading the book. See you in London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks - really enjoyed seeing you around :)

      Delete
  2. Silly excited to be in the photo! I'm so glad you have flagged up how brilliant ACW is. I wouldn't even be functioning as a writer without them. Well done for overcoming your nerves and demonstrating the truth of your book's message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes I've had a lot of support, especially via the Facebook group, so it was lovely to see a lot of people 'in the flesh'!!

      Delete
  3. I loved my time there last year, Claire. Shame that you missed the celebration meal and awards though. Hope you had lots of signings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment